Overload


The "large painting" from class, that I have to finish for homework, and below is the sketch of the actual model I did in class just in case I didn't finish painting the skin. Yes, he was actually holding a nerf gun in class, because the Illustration Department are bad asses and raided the Painting department's props and found that gun. I've decided to take it in a Vietnam War direction, so he's sitting on a pile of skulls that will be partially submerged in a jungle river, with the jungle-y background. 



I just though I would include above the reason why I am an Illustration major isn't because I don't love sculpture or painting. It's because when I try, stuff like this comes out. This combined with my weird perfectionist tendency do not mix. It just makes me sad. 


The character design of Charlie, for Visual Techniques in progress. 
I do the sketch on paper then I put it in Photoshop and did another rough sketch to fix things, then I print it out again and lay tracing paper over it and ink it then I will scan it and color it. 


Last but not least a pin up for a soldier I know.