Wow you've been neglected!

Long time no talk! I apologize if I neglect this blog, for more regular updates follow me over on Tumblr or Facebook
My portrait of Queen Levana and submission to the Fairest Contest.
I chose to portray her as she might have seemed while she was visiting Kai inCinder, dressed in a traditional Chinese gown and a customized headdress in place of her crown (minus her veil of course). The two gold disks at either side of her head are embossed to look like the moon, along with the many rubies embedded in the other hair pieces. I imagine that she would be very fond of rubies and red embroidery, because of their similarity to blood. Her earrings also resemble that of hanging corpses; the ruby being the severed head, the main part being the torso, and the two dangling gold pieces the hands. 

"She was indeed beautiful, as if someone had taken the scientific measurements of perfection and used them to mold a single ideal specimen. Her face was slightly heart-shaped, with high cheekbones barely flushed. Auburn hair fell in silken ringlets to her waist and her unblemished ivory skin shimmered like mother-of-pearl in the sunshine. Her lips were red red red, looking like she’d just drunk a pint of blood." - From Cinder by Marissa Meyer pg. 183
Some quickie Lunar Chronicles fan art of the lovely Winter -or my perception of Winter. I have this idea in my head that she really likes Victorian and Rococo styled things; pale, pastel colors, things that stand out starkly against her own warm brown skin and also remind her of innocent, happy things to combat her visions of blood on the walls. A totally unfounded opinion, but my opinion nonetheless. 
Some late night tragic Clariel and Belatiel sketchy fan art for you all. 
To my fellow Abhorsen fans, if you haven’t gone and gotten your copy ofClariel by Garth Nix I’m very disappointed in you and you need to go get a copy immediately. It was certainly not what I was expecting, and I now have to go back and read the whole trilogy for the bazillionth time for reasons. 

"In a Field of Orchids" 6.5"x10" Digital. Amanda Zito. 2014

Orchids have many associations with symbolic values. It's the city flower of Shaoxing, China, and has been used in traditional medicine since 2800 BC. 
In Greek Mythology, Orchis was the son of a nymph and a satyr. During a celebratory feast for Bacchus, Orchis committed the sacrilege of attempting to rape a priestess, resulting in his being torn apart by wild beasts, then metamorphosing into a slender and modest plant. 

Prints
A Commission I did recently. 

"For I Have Loved" 16"x20" Oil on Canvas. Amanda Zito. 2014. For Sale


"For I Have Loved" 16"x20" Oil on Canvas. DETAIL.  Amanda Zito. 2014. For Sale

"To remember their strange light" 10"x10" Oil on Canvas. Amanda Zito. 2014. For Sale. 

"To remember their strange light" 10"x10" Oil on Canvas. DETAIL. Amanda Zito. 2014. For Sale. 
A prelim sketch for a wedding present. 

For more of my Tattoo Flash Visit my Dedicated Blog




Commission.


Commission. 

Commission. 

Commission.


Commission.