In a Field

"In a Field of Poppies" 
8"x10" Digital. Amanda Zito. 2014. 
Poppies symbolize sleep, peace and death. The opium extracted from them has long been used to relieve pain. The blood red color of its petals is symbolic of blood. In Greek and Roman myths, poppies were used as offerings to the dead. 

More Tattoo Flash!
Keep up to date with my Weekly Tattoo Blog Over Here

Commission,  7"x10" Drawing in Pencil on Somerset Paper

Finally finished this art trade
Acrylic on Canvas, 18"x24" 

A gift for my brother's birthday
A painting of my father and grandmother in acrylic on a cow skull

The revised rough sketch for Lazarus's Gas Tank

My first tattoo on human skin! Woo hoo!
I'll be taking volunteers soon! Email me at blindthistle@gmail.com
if you're in the Portland/Vancouver Area and would like to volunteer a piece of skin for my practice! 

Another trip to Montana :3 

Up Sleeping Child, Montana

I also made a trip to Shaniko, OR recently, which only had 3 open stores, which did not include the hotel/cafe behind me (the largest building in the vicinity.) The museum is self guided, and there was a building filled with very old dust covered cars. I was a little bummed I didn't get to go into the Hotel, but the ice cream at the parlor was good. Definitely worth a stop if you're in the area, if anything else, just to look at the old cars, the neat buildings, and get a stereotypical shot behind the jail bars.